A healthy morning routine has four components:
1. A Physical component — Nourish and activate your body to prime it for a successful day.
- Drink a liter of water immediately upon rising
- Walk outside
- Jump up and down to wake your body up
2. An Intellectual component — It’s just as important to exercise your brain as it is to exercise your body.
- Work on a puzzle for a few minutes
- Do something that challenges you to stretch your mind
3. An Emotional component — This is about cultivating the right emotions within yourself.
- Start your day by asking yourself, “How do I want to feel today?” Then answer the question in your mind, or journal it on paper.
- Envision a successful day ahead. How would you like to feel today? What kind of emotional energy do you want to bring to your work, to the people you interact with? Imagine every outcome you have planned for the day as working in your favor.
- Connect with someone you care about.
4. A Spiritual component — Fill your soul and spirit.
- Think of three specific things or people in your life that you’re grateful for — and truly allow yourself to feel it. To cultivate a sense of intense gratitude is a powerful spiritual experience.